Understanding your business needs is important to us.
At AVDC, we have an economic development team to support new business start-ups and growing businesses. We work closely with the business community, so we can represent your interests with our elected councillors, as well as central government.
We aim to:
- provide a single point of contact for AVDC's - and our partners' - business support services
- deepen our understanding of business needs so that the right support is put in place
- understand the business mix and promote its strengths, while considering future business support requirements
- make sure you're aware of what we're doing and our plans for business support
- make business aware of local sector & supply chain development and network opportunities.
Our support includes:
We have a long term economic development strategy covering 2008-2026, which is regularly refreshed with supporting action plans. AVDC's Economy Watch reports on our progress against yearly economic development priorities and is dowloadable from this website. There is also an opportunity for businesses to attend our Annual Business Meeting.