Starting your own business can be a life-changing decision.
It might mean saying goodbye to the security of a well-paid job. It almost always involves support and understanding from family and friends.
Before you take the plunge, you'll need to think about:
• developing a business plan to attract finance
• effective marketing and communications
• establishing key contacts and suppliers in the marketplace
• identifying and targeting prospective customers
• committing to work from home or sourcing flexible premises which don’t bind the business with heavy overheads at the outset.
Along with our partners, AVDC can offer you the advice and support you need before you make that all-important decision, from start up grants to helping you find premises and network with other businesses.
Take a look at the case studies of some of the companies who have received a start-up grant. Alternatively, click on the videos for the full story from the companies themselves.