Business Growth Fund
In July 2010 the British Bankers’ Association (BBA) set up a Business Finance Taskforce made up of CEOs and senior representatives from the largest UK banks including Barclays, HSBC, Lloyds, RBS, Standard Chartered and the BBA to consider what more could be done to help the UK return to sustainable growth. The Business Growth Fund was one of the key recommendations put forward by Business Finance Taskforce.
The Business Growth Fund will:
- Invest around £2 million to £10 million in return for an equity stake in the business and a seat on the board
- Invest in established UK companies with sales of approximately £10 million up to £100 million per annum
- The investment is provided in the form of equity capital and complemented by loans and trade finance offered by banks
- Offer longer-term funding over five to seven years or more
- Develop a partnership approach with investee businesses, agreeing shared goals and objectives from the outset
- businesses with evidence of a strong track record and demonstrable growth potential can apply
- those in high-tech manufacturing, software and electronics, leisure and tourism, retail, renewable energy and clean-tech, healthcare and life sciences, industrial and business services, outsourcing, and digital businesses are favoured.
Sectors not eligible
- Financial services
- Real estate
For further information please telephone 0845 266 8860 or email email@example.com