AVDC' s Economic Development team along with its external partners can help you to:
- access grants and funding sources
- find premises suitable for your needs, including managed workspaces within our portfolio of property
- assist development of your supply chains through local and regional events and networks
- access details of initiatives and activities to support your sector
- access innovation centre support services
- access business consultants and advisors to provide you support with business planning, mentoring and other sources of help
AVDC’s Annual Business Event provides businesses with an update on the council’s budgetary plans as well as details of future plans for development of the area. Businesses can also use the opportunity to inform the council of issues that are currently affecting their business. Minutes and presentations from the meeting can be found below.
Other AVDC business support services include:
Sustainability Business Services
The Sustainability Business Services team can provide your business with:
- energy efficiency audits and renewable technology guidance to help mitigate against the increasing costs of energy
- advice on energy efficiency cost savings and conservation
- advice on grants, loans and incentives
For more information visit www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/energy call 01296 585112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Environmental Health Service
The Environmental Health Service team provide a range of activities including food safety, health and safety and licensing to start-up and established businesses. They can inform you if you need a licence or registration to operate your business and provide guidance on how to apply.
For further information please call 01296 585605 or email email@example.com
Conference and Meeting facilities
The Gateway offers a superb conference and meetings venue tailored to meet your needs at AVDC’s headquarters, together with free parking, Wi-Fi and in-house catering services. The facility provides a number of rooms and can accommodate up to 140 people seated and up to 330 standing.
For further information please see the brochure below or visit www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk, call 01296 585969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
AVDC’s business rates team can provide you advice on what your business rates are likely to be and how they are calculated. They can also provide details of your eligibility for small business rate relief.
For further information, please visit www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/business-rates, call 01296 585096 or email email@example.com
AVDC also offer other flexible services to business including:
- planning advice to support the next stage of your growth
- a local, cost effective and flexible recycling and waste service to help reduce your overheads
- a fully integrated HR and payroll service
- Procurement service to enable businesses to tender for council contracts
- flexible childcare service to working parents in a purpose built centre with qualified and experienced staff
For further information please see AVDC's business support services leaflet below: